Your CV aims to catch the attention of the reader. You can do it by using a colourful CV, adding photos and having a fantastic Profile Statement.
A Personal Statement is a short introduction which outlines your characteristics, telling the prospective employer what kind of a person you are, the attributes and qualities you possess and your work experience.
The statement can include the following:
- A brief description of yourself, your abilities, and your skills;
- Relevant qualifications and work experience;
- Your career goals.
Tips on how to write a CV personal profile
- A CV personal statement should be at most 150 words. Aim for a few short sentences.
- Divide the statement into three parts to focus on:
- Who are you
- What can you offer
- Your career aims
- Tailor your statement for the role – Review the job description to see the skills and years of experience required for each position you want to apply for.
- Keep your CV statement short – one paragraph comprised of three sentences.
- Choose your words wisely and include figures. Do not use buzzwords. Everyone is a hard worker, team player and motivated. Concentrate on what defines you and stands you apart from others.
- Proofread your profile – Carefully review your statement to ensure it is easy to read and without errors. You can read it out loud to identify possible mistakes. It can also be helpful to ask a friend or family member to check your profile for spelling and grammar mistakes.
Example of a good profile statement:
“I am a young Swati passionate about numbers, accounting and admin. I graduated with a diploma in Accounting and Finance and would like to start my career in this profession. I am ready to gain more knowledge and experience in my career path. My experience as a shop manager taught me how to conduct myself with customers and management in the workplace. ”
Who she is, what her career goals and what she can offer. Perfect.
Example of what not to write:
“Driven and passionate individual who works hard to achieve the result for the company’s growth. I am honest and transparent, always working towards completing tasks in the given time frame whilst paying close attention to detail. Able to work together with a team and individually.”
Sounds good, but all of us can write that there is nothing specific about you.
Do you need help with your CV? Visit the Likusasa Letfu Youth Centre for Employability, and our interns will help you write your perfect resume. LLYCE is in Shp 14, Matsapha Business Centre, next to FNB, in the middle of Matsapha. Contact us: 79585564, firstname.lastname@example.org